Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Sugar Wars

I've been thinking about getting off sugar recently.  Once I figure out how to do trackbacks and proper HTML coding of links, I'll link to the blog entries on verymom.com that got me thinking about it. 
 
There's one huge problem though.  I don't have a strong enough desire to quit using sugar.  I know sugar is hurting me.  I know sugar is destroying my health.  I've heard many people say that once you are off it for a week or two, the cravings are simply not there, and you feel totally different.  But something inside me just doesn't have the desire to give it up.  Perhaps that is the nature of addiction.  Why do addicts finally quit?  Is it when the addiction hurts them or others so severely that they simply cannot continue?  Cecily at Wasted Birth Control (zia.blogs.com) might know - I'll have to ask her about this.
 
On Saturday I bought a huge bag of mini Reese's Peanut Butter cups.  I left about 1/4 of the bag at home and took the rest to work.  I ate most of them yesterday.  They hardly even taste good to me anymore, but my hand keeps reaching in the drawer and pulling out another, over and over.

1 comment:

Tamra said...

Katie...long time no blog?