Saturday, July 16, 2005

It's Been a While

I haven't updated since February?! Wow - the time flies. My life is still pretty much the same. I'm still working, still addicted to sugar. BigDaddy is working as a mortgage broker now. Once he makes enough to pay the bills and we have saved up for several months of bills, I will be able to quit. I've already told my boss the general idea, so I'm not worried about putting it up here in public.

I'm reading A Tale of Two Cities right now. I bought tickets to The Phantom of the Opera for Emmy-Lou (my real-life friend, whose real name is NOT Emmy-Lou) and myself. It was for her birthday. I've slept through the Phantom twice - once when it played in Salt Lake City, and once on a band trip to San Francisco. So I still didn't really know the story. We rented the movie this week, and I was surprised with the content. I was convinced that the story was bent right up until the end, and then I decided it was broken. I think that in many ways, the Phantom is portrayed as good and desirable, even though he is a murderer, and therefore, must be evil. I also decided that the story is healing. I can think of many ways to "heal" the story, but I don't have time to go into them now. I am looking forward to seeing the musical in two weeks, but I'm still disappointed that the story wasn't as pure and wonderful as I always thought. I am going to try to get the original book at the library today.

No comments: