Friday, September 22, 2006

Another Song

"Watching You" by Rodney Atkins. He hits the Country twang/whine & Texas accent pretty hard (I could go on for a while making fun of his pronounciations), but it's still a great song - it's one of those with an important message. The tune is also fun to listen to.

Here's the chorus, spoken as if from the singer's four year old son:

"I've been watching you, Dad ain't that cool - I'm your buckaroo; I want to be like you, and eat all my food and grow as tall as you are. We like fixin' things and holding momma's hand; yeah, we're just alike, hey, ain't we Dad. I want to do everything you do, so I've been watching you."

It's a good reminder of how carefully our kids watch our example. My kids fight terribly at times - usually when I'm rushed, grumpy, or angry. Yet if I'm calm and happy, somehow they just don't fight as much! Hmm.... is it possible that they are just following my example?! We're told constantly that our kids watch us, but it hit me stronger when I heard this song.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Katie so true!! I just saw this video for the first time this morning and was compelled to look it up!
I belong to a really great site that you might find interesting. A lot of your heading line falls under what this site is about!
Keep in touch! I love your blog!