Monday, October 30, 2006

NaBloPoMo

I've decided to participate in NaBloPoMo, or National Blog Posting Month. This means I'm supposed to write a post every single day in November. I started this blog in January 2005. Since then I've written 36 posts, approximately 1.6 per month. So jumping from 1.6 to 30 will be a big deal! I like to read blogs with pictures, so just now I learned how to post a picture on my blog (the sidebar NaBloPoMo button)! I used to be a computer programmer of sorts, so you'd think I could figure out basic web design principles or blogging ettiquette, but no. Not yet, anyway.

As part of this experiment, please de-lurk and comment to let me know you're a reader. I realize Blogger commenting is highly annoying, what with the signing in and all, but you can post anonymously too. I'll add "get decent host and comments" to my list of things to do to my blog. I like to imagine myself as an internet rockstar, but I seriously doubt that I have any regular readers at all, due to my incredibly sporadic posting and general lack of writing ability or wit. I do know that I have been blogrolled on at least 2 blogs that I read, so maybe one of my next tasks will be to add a blogroll to my blog. I've recently learned that it is proper blogging ettiquette to blogroll people who have blogrolled you. (See, I told you I'm clueless about this 'internets' thing). In the future, if I inadvertently violate a sacred principle of blogging etiquette, I'm sorry in advance, and please let me know kindly!

No comments: