Monday, December 04, 2006

Crazy!

Hmm, the second NaBloPoMo was over, I quit posting. It appears that I am motivated by external forces. Anyway.

So I was reading through some old journals last night. I have come to the conclusion that I was insane when I was a teenager, although I suppose that is a common characteristic of all teenagers. Maybe I'll post some interesting excerpts later, although maybe I won't, because it's fine to embarrass myself in front of strangers, but some of my family & real-life friends read this!

One highlight was some of the quotes from my mom in regards to my relationships. When I was 15 - "your reputation is shot" because 3 guy friends drove me around after a piano recital (taking equipment home, picking up stuff, taking people home). "You're throwing all your standards away" - because I went on more than 2 dates in a row with my boyfriend. The horror! Although, I guess my mom was right - my self-imposed standard (also a strong guideline from my church) was no steady dating before the boy goes on his mission. So by going on many dates in a row, and not dating others, I was in fact breaking my standards. But it still sounds so much more dramatic coming from your mom during an hours-long lecture!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Katie, I'm SHOCKED! Two dates in a row??? tisk tisk... ;)

Katie said...

Hee hee. It sounds so funny now, but back then I thought I was the devil incarnate for doing stuff like that. I always deny that LDS kids grow up with an unreasonable amount of guilt, but maybe it's more true than I'd like to admit :-)