Monday, November 27, 2006

Gingerbread Houses

LittleMan's:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Perhaps LittleMan is disturbed in some way, as you can see that he has depicted a murder scene in front of the house, what with the dead snowman and dead tree. I assume that the snowman was chopping down a tree, and an environmentalist came along and killed him for it.

BigGuy's:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

What's left now:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And last year's houses for comparison:
Mine:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

BigGuy's:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Katie, those look so fun! Especially the "after" photos! ;)

I really should be brave and make them with my kids... something else to add to "the list" I guess... ;)

Kerry said...

Hi Katie! I just wanted to comment to let you know that I have been enjoying your blog ;-)

We are going to a gingerbread house party on Saturday--I can't wait to see what my kids make!

Katie said...

Have fun! You can see that BigGuy inherited my perfectionism. He put the candies on the roof ridge by himself. I did the ones on the rest of the roof, but he directed me :-)

Anonymous said...

Did you make the gingerbread pieces yourself? Last year we bought a kit and this year I'm thinking maybe I'll make the gingerbread myself.

Katie said...

This year we used kits. I felt like such a fraud using them :-P (Same with the store-bought cake!) But at least we did it :-)

Usually we use graham crackers, and as you can see from last year's pictures, I used chocolate graham crackers, Oreos (actually you can't see those, they're on the other side of my house), M&M's, and chocolate-covered nuts. It would seem I have a chocolate "problem".

I found an awesome mold here:
http://www.lehmans.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=6877&itemType=PRODUCT&RS=1&keyword=gingerbread